Can I still bring child abduction proceedings to get my children back if I agreed to them leaving the country in the first place – but their mother has refused to bring them back to South Africa when the holiday I agreed to in Israel was over?

Yes! This is known as ‘wrongful retention’ and is one of two forms of abduction recognized under the Hague Convention covering child abduction between member states such as Israel and South Africa.
Moving Abroad