Choice Re Legal Representation in Israel: I have lodged an application overseas for the return of my children from Israel under the Hague Convention. My wife's family is very wealthy, and I know they will hire her a top lawyer. Am I restricted about which lawyer I hire in Israel?

No, a person may be allocated a lawyer in Israel arranged by the Ministry of Justice without cost, depending on the country involved and the parent's eligibility, but he/she also has complete freedom to hire specialist counsel privately, in Israel, and choose him/her personally, according to terms agreed upon. Whoever is chosen to represent the parent bringing the action will actually prepare the plea to be filed in the court, and manage the whole case.
Abduction To Israel