I am a divorced Israeli mother living in England, with custody of the children. I want to move back home to Israel with them. Can I still do so if my 'ex' doesn't agree?

Yes, but only if you get permission from a UK court, after filing for relocation. If you just move with them without a relocation order, you will be abducting them, and could face Hague Convention proceedings for their return.
Moving Abroad