What can I do if my 'ex' has taken a short cut and refused to return our child to the States after visitation in Israel, instead of applying for custody and relocation in the proper court abroad?

Bring child abduction proceedings under the Hague Convention. The case will be heard in Israel.
Relocation To Israel